Sunday, July 3, 2011

17~ Do you think young people can fall in love and it be true?



Yes I do think young people can fall in love and it be true.

Just a couple of examples...

My daughter's father and I started dating when we were 17 and 15 and we stayed together for 5 years.  The end.

A friend of mine that lived two houses down from me while growing up started dating his then-girlfriend when they were in 8th grade in 1982.  He's on my facebook friend list and he and she have been married for quite awhile now.  That's basically 30 years together.  Bless them.

So again, short and sweet and to the point, yes, I believe it...if the young people are mature enough to recognize what love is.

4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

This my damn SONG!!!! *bouncing*

The God'ess said...

Shake it Mama!

No Labels said...

Preach on.

Afrodeezha said...

*two thumbs up*

I know several couples that are my parents' age, that started dating in middle school and are still together.

My son's grandparents have been together since his grandfather was 19 and grandmother 15. You know they were married with kids, back in the day!