Thursday, July 14, 2011

30~ Did this love challenge teach you anything? If so/not...what/why?

The end is here!!  Ha-lay-lu-yer!!

I must say that this challenge did teach me a lot.  It taught me that while being in love is a beautiful thing when it's right, I'm not ready for such.  I can even say that I don't like it.  I was in some sort of relationship from the ages of 16-38  and I can honestly say I need me time.  I don't want to have to answer to anyone about my comings or goings.  I want to be selfish for awhile.

If that's wrong, so be it.  But I want to live for me, not us.  I want to experience life on my own for about 3-5 years.  I've been relationship-free for almost 2 years (no Kween, I'm not counting THAT one) so I've got a little more time to do me and then if I find someone that I feel is my King, then I'm going for it. If not, so be it.  I'll live alone with my 123 cats, newspaper covering the windows and I'll spend my days yelling at kids to get off my lawn.  Because for real, you can call me cynical and/or bitter if you must, but the truth of the matter is...

6 comments:

Icnonlybme said...

As painful as this challenge was at times, I think we all walked away knowing a little bit more about ourselves.

The God'ess said...

I agree Icn. Totally.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

I feel you sis

No Labels said...

I can respect where are coming from. Thanks for all the sharing. ((hugs))

Divaprocessor said...

That was a beautiful memory Sis and that video at the end really hit home for me..I remember my Daddy singing this song all the time..He loved him some Spinners..especially since he sounded just like the lead singer

Divaprocessor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.