Tuesday, July 5, 2011

20~ Do you believe in Long Distance/Internet Love? Why or Why not?

I'm on the fence about this one.  

I've been involved in 2 internet relationships and neither one of the dudes were worth a damn.  The problem with the internet is that anyone can be who they WANT to be, not necessarily who they REALLY are.  Therefore, lies are told, personalities are faked, and dreams are smashed.  

Now, I have seen quite a few internet relationships develop and blossom for others and I am truly elated for them.  I even know of a few that have met online and gotten married and they're still going strong.  But the parties involved were ADULTS...not people of legal age playing adults. 

As for the long distance relationship, I think a definition is needed.  I believe that anything over 75 miles constitutes long distance.  I was involved in one of those when I was in high school in Richmond and my then-boyfriend/now-daughter's father was in college in Norfolk (approx. 95-100 miles away).  We made it work somehow, so I'm cool with anything under a 3 hour drive.  Anything more than that, I get really cynical really quickly.   

I will admit that I used to prefer long distance/internet relationships and Kali analyzed me (as she often does) and told me that the reason that I probably preferred them was because I didn't want anyone to get too close to me.  I can agree with that to a certain extent but I also don't want someone up under me 24/7...not right now, anyway.  

So I'm all over the place with this blog.  If it works, I say go for it.  And maybe I'll feel differently about it for myself one day.  But right now, I'm busy doing me. 


4 comments:

Afrodeezha said...

Don't she get on your nerves with her on the damn nail head analysis'?

Ugh...

Luhyusis!

The God'ess said...

Girrrrl, you already know!! LOL

Thee_Kween said...

Damn BOFF y'all! LOL

No Labels said...

Not all over the place, Maria...just think you are seeing the pros and cons in it all.