Friday, July 8, 2011

23~ Do you think love and marriage are synonymous?

HELL NO!!

You don't need to be married to prove you love someone and you don't have to love someone to marry them.  My first marriage was an example of that.  The day I said "I do", I really didn't.

I may seem cynical, and maybe I am, but marriage, to me, is nothing more than a business contract between two people. There are documents to be signed, meetings of the minds about type of ceremony, land ownership and/or rental agreements, bank account transactions, blah blah blah.  Wanna find out how much someone really loves or hates you?  Marry them and live with them for at least 5 years.  If they're still smiling after that time, you may have a love connection on your hands.  (DISCLAIMER:  Living with someone IS NOT the same as being married to them.  That piece of paper changes folks...TRUST ME).

Love comes into play when the asking is being done (and sometimes, not even then).  Let a bridezilla come at her fiance with some crazy shit...ain't no love in that whatsoever.

So to reiterate my answer, love and marriage are not synonymous.  Frank Sinatra lied to us.  They do not go together like a horse and carriage...unless you want to be looking at a horse's ass for the rest of your life.

3 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

LMAO @ looking at a horse's ass for the rest of your life...

GIRL...you KNOW why I'm tickled. Damn you!

The God'ess said...

ROFL!! Again, didn't make the correlation!!

No Labels said...

lol...interesting synopsis.