Friday, June 17, 2011

1~ First Love (of course!)...what they meant/mean to you...

Hello Blogger world!!  I've accepted another 30 day challenge hosted by one of my closest and dearest friends, The Kween, all about love!!  So I invite you to sit back and enjoy the journey into my love life (or lack thereof).

My first love...*sigh*...that brings back a lot of memories for me.  Fifteen years old, entering my sophomore year in high school, not knowing my head from my ass, and I met this guy who went to my school at a skating rink 2 years my senior.  We exchanged numbers and talked or saw each other everyday for the next 5 years (uncommon for teenagers).

This was a guy that showed me patience, showed me love, and even showed me how to scratch on the 1s and 2s...he was a DJ.  He treated me like a lady, even though I didn't realize it at the time.  We would actually date...movies, dinner, bowling, etc.  He taught me how to play video games (remember Tecmo Bowl?)  He taught me about sex, as he was my first.  He taught me about responsibility, as when I became pregnant at 18, he did any- and everything he had to do to make sure our child had everything she needed and some of what she wanted.  

This is a man that has been in my life for longer than any man not related to me has been...25 years and we are still friends today.  He celebrated his birthday yesterday so Happy Belated Birthday JW and I wish you all the happiness your heart can hold and as much happiness as you showed to me back then. 

12 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

*sniffle* I love that. *pun intended* Nothing like a pair of lovers who can still show love after the relationship is over...

S.O.A.P. said...

Awww..... that's beautiful!!! I hear Rene & Angela singing in the background.

The God'ess said...

Yeah...we've had our ups and downs but at the end of the day, he's my daughter's father and I'll always respect him for that.

The God'ess said...

LOL...I hear Run-DMC...they come to mind when I think about he and me. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love it... Its nice to see that although yall arent together yall can still remain friends... Beautiful!!

Sha' said...

Awww...*wipin single tear from eye*

Titto, pass me a tissue.

The God'ess said...

Thanks Ladies!

Icnonlybme said...

Aww, that's beautiful. That's what a first love should be!

The God'ess said...

Thank you Friend.

As the Budda Flows said...

thats a beautiful truth

ConstantStateOThought said...

Awesomeness! I haven't seen or heard from my first love since high school. It's so great that you guys can be such good friends still!

No Labels said...

That is very beautiful indeed. Things with my first love didn't go so well, but I am glad you two are friends through it all. :)