Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6~ What is your idea of true love?

My idea of true love, huh?  I honestly have no idea.  I've been in love 2 1/2 times (for the half, read about my most recent love) and at 39 years old, I'm still not sure what love is all about.

I do know that I've been approaching this love thing all wrong.  For years, I've met guys that I could talk to about anything and everything but never saw them in "that" way.  I've used the brother or best friend line so many times, I could print up some business cards and pass them out with the tagline, "You're like a brother to me".  But what's wrong with falling in love with your best friend?  Who better to be in love with than someone that knows you inside out and upside down?

I currently don't have a male best friend...I have two close male friends that know a lot about me but they're attached...but the next guy that finds his way into the fold may very well be my Mr. Right.  And I won't be so foolish as to bypass the notion again...I hope.

8 comments:

SOAP aka SoulofaPoet said...

U know me, I gotta play devil's advo.... there is nothing wrong with falling in love with your best friend, but there's a reason your best friend is a 'FRIEND'. We are not always 'attracted' to the 'friend' that knows us inside out & upside down. Maybe we SHOULD be. Maybe it is foolishness on our part to not consider the 'possibilities', but how can I MAKE my heart follow 'common sense' & 'logic'. It has yet to work for me. *sad face* VIVA LA TRUE LOVE!!!!

Thee_Kween said...

I think you'll be open again one day...just like you told Leelee (yea, I'm throwing your shit back at you) ...it's not in our make up as women to not desire that kind of love. Most of us (no generalizations) do indeed want that love.

The God'ess said...

Soapy...I think that we are attracted to our best friends. Maybe not physically but almost anyone can be physically attractive. It takes a lot to be mentally attractive and we care about the opinions of our friends so that's an attraction of sorts.

Kweenie...you love to do such. LOL. But yeah, it'll happen one day.

Caramel Diva said...

Im so confused about love and what it entails nowadays...i think if it walked up and stood in my face I wouldnt recognize it. Im sure i missed out on a few decent men because of this...so confusing!

The God'ess said...

I know I have CD. *sigh*

As the Budda Flows said...

There nowhere to hide when love is coming for you be open and cautious.

No Labels said...

Well, I can speak from both sides. True, there's nothing wrong with having your best friend and your man being the same person. The fallback is what happens if things go sour...can the two of you go back to being friends or are you like Trey Songz?

On the same token, like SOAP mentioned, perhaps there is a reason why certain people stay in the same category.

I have the challenge of being a female who's friend base is majority male. So at times I have to deal with hearing about my male friends and their situations with trying to choose a woman, trying to handle a cheating woman, jealous woman and the like...in other words, it's a blessing and a curse to be "man's best friend."

The God'ess said...

@Lykebudda...you are so right.

@No Labels...I'm friends with all of my exes (except one) so I'm a firm believer in just because you're not in love with someone doesn't mean you don't still love them.