Friday, June 24, 2011

8~ Do you think you can be in love with two people at the same time?

This question is making me pause and think.  I know my answer to it...I just don't know if I believe it.  I'll come to that conclusion at the end.

Yes, I do think that you can be in love with two people at the same time.  No two people can offer you the exact same feeling and what one true love may lack, the other may have.  It's the same way with having more than one best friend.  Each best friend offers you something the others doesn't or can't.  Looking back, I've been in love with two people at once...twice.  But in both instances, I was a fool because instead of talking to the first one, I found "comfort" with another and both of those were big ass mistakes.

I've heard the saying that if you're in love with two people, choose the second one because if you loved the first, the second wouldn't be a factor...or some shit like that.  I don't agree with that.  I think that if the first relationship is good, appreciate and work with what you have.  The grass may be greener on the other side but in the end, it all needs cutting.

Yeah...I believe this.  Good job, MeMe.

10 comments:

Caramel Diva said...

Im gone need u to get that quote right...cuz i may need it one day...but your right good job!

Thee_Kween said...

LOL @ video...I haven't written mine yet, so I'll state my opinion there. lol *whistling and e-walking away*

The God'ess said...

I can't find the correct quote. LOL

@Kweenie...I read yours. LOL

S.O.A.P. said...

You make a good argument diva. I'm inclined to agree with the theory but in my reality I can't make being in love with ONE damn person work so TWO???? *in my Italian GOODFELLAS voice* FORGET ABOUT IT....

No Labels said...

I haven't gotten to mine's yet either...so like Kiwi, I will let you guys stumble upon it.

The God'ess said...

You and I are in the same boat, Soap. It is what it is.

No rush, No Labels...we'll find it.

Reggie said...

It's not possible to be in love with two people at once. To love two people....yeah, but not be in love.

Now lust...yeah you can be in lust with two people at once.

The God'ess said...

It's of my opinion...MY opinion, that you can. Not everyone can be everything to everybody so where may lack something, another may have it.

ConstantStateOThought said...

I haven't written mine yet, but I will say I DO thinks it's possible, since I have experienced it myself.

Afrodeezha said...

Well spoken dear. I too believe you can be, but eventually something has to give.