Thursday, June 30, 2011

15~ Can you live without a love relationship?

Halfway home...YESSSSS!

Can I live without a love relationship.  Short answer, no.

Long answer, I can live without being in love.  As a matter of fact, I've been doing it for over a year.  But I know for a fact that having someone, whether family, friends, animals, etc, that loves you and you love them is just like breathing. You must have love to live.

I had an uncle (mother's brother) who was placed in a nursing home by his girlfriend of 25+ years (who goes together for 25+ years) for absolutely no real reason.  He did have medical problems...he had throat cancer and had to use a electrolarynx (one of those things that you put on your throat and the sound comes from vibration) and some other minor issues but that was it.  He ended up dying while there.  I am thoroughly convinced he died from a broken heart.  Even though he had family that would visit him (myself included), I feel like he felt as though the woman he spent most of his adult life with gave up on him and it killed him.

Now, would I like to be in love and share my life with someone that loves me unconditionally and I do the same for him?  Of course.  Will I go postal and maim someone if it doesn't happen?  Nope.  To paraphrase Ne-yo, I know my true love and I could be a force when we're together but I'm good all by myself.

I refuse to settle for just anydamnbody...been there, done that, didn't even need to buy the t-shirt. So when true love comes, I'll be ready.  If it decides to stay away, I'm okay with that too.  Trust me, either way, I will survive.

5 comments:

As the Budda Flows said...

*dancing to the music* great truth

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Dang sis. Im sorry about what happened to your uncle. If this aint truth, I dont know what is. Your day and your king will come queen!

No Labels said...

Preach.

The God'ess said...

Thank you my Divas

Thee_Kween said...

Wow...:(