Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5~ Favorite Romantic Movie

My favorite romantic movie.  I'm not the biggest romance lover out there but as soon as I saw this question, I knew which movie I would pick.

Have you ever seen a movie that touched you so much that you felt as if it was you in the movie?  Love and Basketball did that for me.  I wanted to be Monica.  Hell, I was Monica.  I was the tomboy.  I had a basketball hoop in my backyard as a kid.  She was about my age in the movie as it progressed.  I loved the same guy from high school and into college.  This movie felt like my life.

When Monica and Q broke up and she asked to play for his heart...*sigh*.  And when they play and Meshell Ndegeocello song "You Made A Fool Of Me" starts playing...*sigh again*.




9 comments:

ConstantStateOThought said...

It's one of my favorite movies too! Very nice pick!

The God'ess said...

Thank you Gina. :)

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Oh, thats the one!

SOAP aka SoulofaPoet said...

Ahhhh..... yeah...... *sigh* Got me there too!!!

The God'ess said...

Yeah y'all...that is the one.

Thee_Kween said...

Wait...that's Gina up there? OOhhh Okay...I was wondering who that was on my blog. LOL

Yea, I have nothing to say...you already know I love this movie! :D

The God'ess said...

LOL...yes, that's our Gina. And she's a blogstress too.

No Labels said...

I definitely can't dispute that..it is indeed a wonderful movie; but of course, I love Sanaa Lathan! :D

Reggie said...

Very nice.