Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 14 -- The Day You Hate To See Coming

This one is hard for me because I'm not a fortune teller. There are only a few things in life that are certain...death and taxes. And being that I don't fear death and taxes don't affect me this year (the first in over 20 years that it hasn't), I really don't have an answer. I've had plenty of days that I hated but like I said in a previous post, they happened for a reason and something good came out of them. 

I mean, I could say that the day my father passes away would be one but hell, he may outlive me. My grandmother lived to be 96 and outlived 5 of her 8 children, so it's not impossible.  I could say the day the lady that raised my mother passes away but she and I aren't close (that's a story in and of itself). I could go political and say the day the government...see...that's just too broad of a statement because they're trying to do so much and they have no real idea of what they're doing so I know I don't know. 

I've never been one of those mothers that dreaded seeing their children grow up. Two of my kids are of legal age and doing okay. The baby is almost 15 and I'm fine with him growing up as well. I actually can't wait for them to graduate college and get married and have kids...if that's in their plans. If not, that's cool too. As long as they're happy and healthy, Mom's good. 

I really tried to think of something and came up short. Sorry about that. I hope to do better with the next topic. Still love ya, though. 


4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Seems Legit! LOL (That's gonna be my comment for all "up in the air" blog posts) LOL

Divaprocessor said...

I think you still did good..It is what it is

ABoyd378 said...

I Feel You. :-)

No Labels said...

I dig your response, too.