Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 4---A Day in High School

This one is the easiest of all the school memories. 



Picture it...11th Grade...History Class...Henrico High School...Spring, 1988 (That's me up there with the Anita Baker hairdo WITH rattail...smh)

Anyway, there I am, in Coach Collier's class, and I wasn't feeling well that day. I put my head down on the desk because it was pounding and the dude sitting behind me decided that he would get loud and show off in front of his crew. I turned around and asked him nicely (at first) if he could chill because my head hurt. He proceeded to get louder. I asked again nicely and this dude decided that he would come out of his mouth wrong. 

He was like, "I'm not gonna be quiet, nigger ha ha ha."  I was a bit stunned at first but then again, maybe I wasn't because the next thing I knew, my right fist connected with his jaw. He goes whining to the teacher that I hit him and Coach was like, "I didn't see it." He then asked me if I did it and I was like, "yeah". So off we go to the principal's office. 

Long story short, I got suspended for one day...it was a Thursday...no school on Friday...was that supposed to be a punishment?? He got suspended for 3 days...not for calling me a nigger...but for taunting me when he found out I got suspended and I went home, told my parents what happened, they were like, "oh...okay" and that was that. 

I'm so glad the school days portion of this challenge is over because it seems like all I did was fight. Which I did. But I have a sweet, innocent rep to uphold and this line of questioning is ruining all of that!




10 comments:

No Labels said...

Man, Maria, this reminded me of an incident that happened during middle school--around 6th grade in fact. There was this guy sitting in my normal chair. Although we didn't really have assigned seats, most people sat in their same seats, and everyone knew I always sat there. So I asked him politely twice to get out, he refused and called me the "n word." I made like I was going to walk away, and then I grabbed him by his shirt and flung him out the chair. Adrenalin and anger gives people super strength I guess. Then, I sat my butt down in my chair.

In times of disrespect, I see no problem with bringing the fight to a dumb ass.

The God'ess said...

Agreed No Labels.

Lamont C said...

lol...how funny is it that you got suspended for 1 day (for hitting him), but he got THREE days for taunting...haha...that's great

The God'ess said...

That was my thought too, Lamont. LOL

Thee_Kween said...

HAHAHAAAAAA! *at both the dude getting suspended AND your innocent reputation* FOH. LOL

Me and you seemed to love fighting boys...good grief

The God'ess said...

Hush it up Kweenie!! LOL

Divaprocessor said...

LOL..I am with Kiwi on this one

The God'ess said...

Y'all ain't gone sully my rep! LOL

Reggie said...

Yeah you had that whole Anita Baker thing going on.

ABoyd378 said...

DAYUM!!

Watch out for Maria's Right Hook! Bob and Weave, Boy!

Bob And Weave!!!