Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 20 -- The Most Memorable Day Of Your Childhoodch

I had a lot of memorable days in my childhood.  Plenty of vacations (Disney World, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, 2 World's Fairs, etc.)

I think one of the most memorable days was when I went to Philadelphia for 5 days . It was supposed to be a teen church conference but I couldn't tell you what they were talking about. I vaguely remember going to ONE seminar and I think I left early.  I do remember that my parents weren't there. I shared a room with my friend, Irish (who's on my fb friend list) and we had chaperones but the only times I remember seeing them were on arrival and when we left.  I was a little less than a month away from my 16th birthday (the only reason I remember the dates were because on that day, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" by Michael Jackson came out and I hated it...as I do now) and you didn't keep an eye on me? Psh...yeah, okay. 

During that trip, I fell in lust (can't remember dude's name to save my life but I remember he was from North Carolina, cute as hell and couldn't kiss worth a damn), had my first authentic Philly cheese steak (Cheez Whiz should be outlawed from the planet) and I met Bobby Brown in the middle of the street and took a pic with him that also got damaged in my flooded basement.  This was right after he'd left New Edition. He was not cute at all that day. 

I guess that's about it for this trip down Memory Lane. I hate that I lost all my pics because I remember being cute as could be during that trip.  You'll just have to take my word for it. 

Oh wait...dude's name was Danny! Don't know where the hell that came from. Ha!






2 comments:

No Labels said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Thee_Kween said...

I don't like that song either...

Dang...Bobby's pic is ruined?

I'll take your word for being cute. lol