Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 24 -- A Memorable Summer Day

A thousand pardons. I'm late with this entry. I had so much going on today mixed in with (can you tell I'm stalling because I can't think of anything) a bunch of nothing so my mind was elsewhere. But I shall try to put something on this page because you, my fans, deserve that. That sounded so conceited but I kinda liked it. Okay, okay...let's begin. 

I guess I was about 10 or 11 and my parents and I went on a mini vacation. We started out in Williamsburg, VA and hit Busch Gardens. My father HATED amusement parks but because my mom and I wanted to go, he really didn't have much choice. So we get there and somehow, my mom talks him into getting on the Scrambler...you know that ride that carries you around in loops and makes it look like you're going to crash into another car. Well, do Jesus, James gets off and he ain't looking too good. It was the first time I've ever seen a black man turn green. So he sat down on a bench for a minute and next thing you know...well, you already know. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. 



Okay, so after that, we head down to Norfolk to visit some of my dad's people. I'm not trying to stay there all day because I want to go to the beach. Seems like those folks would not stop talking about either absolutely nothing or something that they had already talked about on our previous visit. But finally, it was over and we head to Virginia Beach. 

We get there and walk the strip for awhile and then hit the beach, where I frolic freely for about 2 hours and then I'm told we gotta go because we were headed to my grandmother's house here in NC. 

So about 2 1/2 hours later, we arrive in Littleton and no sooner than I step out of the car, I get a nosebleed and faint. My mom, being a nurse, always kept some smelling salts with her and all I remember is waking up on the sidewalk with the cute dude that lived next door to my grandmother looking down at me. I was so freakin' embarrassed. Anyway, my mom tells me I have a slight fever and to go in the house and take some medicine and get in the bed. Turns out I had a sinus infection.  Psh. 

One good thing that happened is that the next morning, lil dude from next door came to check on me. I don't remember how I felt before he got there but I felt great when he arrived. Ha! 

So that's about it. I think that's enough, don't you? 




2 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

SMH...I'mma start calling you Blanche Deveraux. LOL

No Labels said...

lol at Kween's comment...