Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 2--A Day in Elementary School

Hmm...I'm sitting here trying to pick just one memory from elementary school. Oddly, I have lots of memories of those days. 

I guess I'll go with 5th grade. 1981-82 school year.  I hated 5th grade.  I was mean. I disliked my teacher immensely and it was the first year I had to wear...*gasps*...GLASSES!!! I remember walking into Laburnum Elementary (shout out to the Lions...speaking of which, why did we have a mascot?) with these God-forsaken Wonder Woman frames looking like I had just been picked for nerd duty. And yeah...the kids sniggled and pointed like kids do (the savages). 

But they must have had some kind of superpowers because, even though I had been on the A/B Honor Roll every year since 2nd grade, I made straight A's the entire school year. Laugh at that, mitches!! Heh. 

8 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

LOL!!! That's right...A's and B's MITCHES! ya sommabishes...

The God'ess said...

*in my Radio Raheem voice* A's muhfucka...A's!! LOL

Thee_Kween said...

lmfaoo!!

No Labels said...

I had to start wearing glasses in the 3rd grade. I wish I had those cool Wonder Woman glasses. It would have beat those ugly ones I stared out with...lol

ABoyd378 said...

HHHAAAAAAAAA!!!

BE Lauriette said...

Awww...wonder woman is that chick!

Divaprocessor said...

I love Wonder Woman..LOL

Reggie said...

Shit my first pair of glasses made me look like Wonder Woman too.