Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 23 -- The Day You Turned 21





September 22, 1992. 

I woke up, went to work, got off, met up with my girls for a minute, hung with the boyfriend for a minute (probably had some bad sex), went to the liquor store just because I could, bought something (don't remember what), drank it, and went home. 

It was a Tuesday.  Wasn't too much poppin' off and even if it was, I wasn't pressed. I'd been going to clubs since I was a kid...my Richmond folks will remember Saturday Kiddie Club at the Ebony Island and Teen Weekend at The Polo Bay. Plus, I'd also been going to adult clubs as well. Even though I didn't look old enough, it was (and still is) all about who you know. 

Birthdays then, just like now, are just another day to me. 

5 comments:

Lamont C said...

Sounds about as eventful as my 21st...lol

As the Budda Flows said...

it was better than mine...lol

The God'ess said...

LOL...wow Budda.

Thee_Kween said...

Damn, did ANYONE have a good 21st?

No Labels said...

My 21st was a bit on the weird side...lol