Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 5--The Day You First Fell In Love

Maaaaaan...must we really travel down THIS road?

Okay...I'm thinking it was March or April of 1987.

My crew (which were actually 2 sets...my school crew and my church crew) decided that we would hit Skateland because we had nothing else to do. So one of my church crew asked one of my school crew if she would pick up this dude that she wanted to meet. They had talked on the phone a few times and he went to our school so my girl said yeah.

Fast forward to Skateland. My girl and dude WERE NOT hitting it off. But he and I did...go figure. I talked to her about it and she was like, "girl...go head." Don't know if she meant it but we stayed friends so whatever. So I gave him my number. We'd talk at school whenever we would see each other (he was a senior and went to the tech in the mornings), kiss before he got on the bus to go to tech, kiss before we got on the bus to go home and call each other after school...yadda yadda blah blah blah.

I ended up going with him to his prom, went to his graduation, saw him off as he left for Norfolk State and we STILL weren't an official couple. But I was in love way before we made it official on September 25, 1987. (Don't trip...I only remember it because it was 3 days after my 16th birthday.)

We stayed together for 5 years. He's the father of my daughter and that's about all I got to say about that.

How about a musical selection to fill the space?


8 comments:

No Labels said...

It's cool that you and your friend girl still remained friends. And you have a beautiful daughter out of it.

The God'ess said...

Yeah. My daughter is the shining spot of this whole thing.

Thee_Kween said...

You twas in nub! lol LOVE that song.

ABoyd378 said...

AAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

As the Budda Flows said...

aww thats beautiful

Divaprocessor said...

Girlllllllllll...this is my Jam...You took me back with this one..Oh very nice story too..LOL

Divaprocessor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reggie said...

I like how you end your posts with.....wrote a song, maybe you'd like to hear it?!?