Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 6--The Day You First Held A Job

First job was at Kmart out of high school. Don't remember the first day except for the fact that I didn't get trained. I got thrown on the floor and fended for myself. My dad worked there part time (he worked 2 other full time jobs and no, he's not Jamaican) and got me on. I HATED IT!!

Kmart was a passion pit. Somebody was always fucking somebody in the stockroom and a few people were fucking the same folks. Being that I was pregnant, I wasn't screwing a soul and even if I wasn't, some of those dudes...chile cheese.

I despised both of my supervisors with a passion. They were these attractive black women that knew that they were attractive and let you know that they knew they were attractive. Give some people a piece of power and they don't know what to do with it...and they didn't.

The ONLY good thing about working there is that you got paid every Friday in cash. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say about that experience except that I'm glad it's over.

6 comments:

Lamont C said...

LOL @ "Passion Pit"! Haha...Getting paid every week in cash, yeah, that's something to look forward too!

Thee_Kween said...

Lemme find out the K in Kmart is for "kinky". LOL

The God'ess said...

Exactly Lamont. Fridays were good days. LOL

The K stands for "katch a disease", Kiwi. LOL

No Labels said...

Man I never thought I'd see the day when KMart and passion pit would go together.

Reggie said...

I think we've all had a job like this.

ABoyd378 said...

Maria...
You gave me Day 31!!!

Thank You!!! You reminded me of something!