Sunday, October 17, 2010

Easy like Sunday morning.

Sundays...my absolute favorite day of the week.  Well, it was until I had to start working on that day. Sundays are meant be relaxing days, days that you do what you want to do, even if that means doing nothing at all.  Sunday is...

  • that day of the week where you can wake up slowly and casually and if you choose to do so, roll right back over and go back to sleep.
  • that day of the week where you can get up, get dressed and go to a church service and receive the Word. 
  • that day of the week where you can grab a croissant, a glass of mimosa and clip coupons out of the newspaper while listening to Kem playing in the background.*
  • that day of the week where you can hit Starbucks for a Cafe Mocha Grande or some other unnecessarily named, high priced coffee and then go to Barnes and Noble's, grab a book that interests you and sit there until closing time and just peruse the pages.  And if you're really lucky, you'll go to a Barnes and Noble's that has their own coffee/pastry bar.*
  • that day of the week that you cook the biggest meal you can think of and eat off of it for the rest of the evening while watching a Lifetime movie that wouldn't normally catch your attention.
  • that day of the week, during football season, that you can cheer for your favorite team and tease those that are Cowboys fans.  (Sorry, I had to throw that in there.)
  • that day of the week that you spend with your family doing whatever brings a smile to your face*
So, that's what Sunday means to me.  I can't enjoy them like I used to, so to those that have that day off, please enjoy it for those of us that don't.  The ones marked by an asterisk are my favorite things so could someone do those things and allow me to live vicariously through you? 

Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

I used to love going to Barnes & Noble with my sis. Get me a strawberry frappe with an almond shot :)

I'll do everything but the Kem thing. I'm not into him yet...maybe Joy can do it. LOL (Can I make mine Chrisette or Erykah?)

*singing "easy like Sunday morning" in my Lionel voice*

The God'ess said...

Erykah will be fine. I tried getting into Chrisette and her words and music are fine but I can't get with her voice.

*singing with Da Kween* "I know it sounds funny but I just can't stand the pain. I'm leaving you tomorrow."

S/N: Who tells someone that they're leaving them, not today, but tomorrow?

S.O.A.P. said...

I was feeling u until....
"that day of the week, during football season, that you can cheer for your favorite team and tease those that are Cowboys fans. (Sorry, I had to throw that in there.)"

Why Diva???? WHY????? U know we are hurting bad enough these days.
That's what Sunday has been to me lately... a day of anticipation followed by huge disappointment, then the taunting of h8rz. :-(

The God'ess said...

Ohhh...you had me lost when you wrote that on my page. LOLOLOL. And you know it wouldn't be me if I didn't taunt just a lil. (((HUGS)))