Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sometimes, Silence Is Golden

When I took this 31-day, 31 blog challenge, I knew that I would be in for a hot mess.  As I stated in a previous blog, I hadn't blogged since my Yahoo 360 days and I was 4 years younger then. My mind was sharper.  Things bothered me a lot more than they do now.  Plus, I was an unemployed housewife with nothing but time on my hands.

Now that I'm a little older, my mind doesn't work as quickly as it used to do.  I realized that I don't have to have an opinion on everything and even if I do, I DEFINITELY don't have to speak on it. I'm also back in the workforce and I work terrible hours so my time for blogging is cut short except on my days off.

But since I brought it up, allow me to speak on those that speak on everything.  You know the type...people that always have something to say even when no one is addressing them.  Or those that always share their two cents about a topic that doesn't affect them whatsoever. I really would like to tell them that it's okay to STFU every now and again. Not every question has to be answered.  Not every comment needs a response.  Sometimes, the smartest thing a person can say is absolutely nothing. Filler only works in written form (like I did at the top of this blog) and even then, it's not always necessary.  But I digress.

If you are one of those people that must always hear themselves talk, allow me to give you a small piece of friendly advice.  Save that shit for the shower.  Talk to yourself all you want in the mirror.  Speak as nonsensically as you want in your car on your way to wherever you go because everything is not for everyone and that includes conversation.

8 comments:

S.O.A.P. said...

Not every question has to be answered. Not every comment needs a response. Sometimes, the smartest thing a person can say is absolutely nothing

Girrrrllll, may I repost that in my blast sometime???? THAT would make an awesome t-shirt, coffe mug, etc... line- SILENCE IS GOLDEN and on the reverse side NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!

But seriously, you took the words right out of my THOUGHTS. There are so many damn people who think they have to have a comment one EVERYTHING, and a long, BIG WORDED one that usually ends up sounding like nothing but "DRIVEL" Always trynna to make themselves sound like the most intelligent, enlightened, and informed human being on the planet, when they actually only sound like a POMPOUS ASS.
Okay... I've vented.........
Woooosaaaaahhhh.....
As for your mind not being as 'quick' on things as it used to be, that may be possibly, buy you are still warp speed faster than the average person. IJS.....
:-D

Thee_Kween said...

GIRL! This is the Gospel's TROOF! I had a video I used to share from Youtube by this chick named Caryn, but she took it down (sad face)

"It's REALLY okay to STFU sometimes" is what she said. From making up the shit they don't know to speaking when not spoken to...ALL DAT! I guess folks really feel the need to be validated for their smarts...and don't realize that it's smarter to listen than to speak. AMEN....shoot!

The God'ess said...

Blast/status away, Diva. I think a lot of people can relate. Everyone knows that ONE person that tends to spew on and on about absolutely nothing.

And thanks for the mind compliment. I'm okay with not being as quick on things as I used to be. I'm working on tightening up the things I know because that's where wisdom comes in. ;-)

The God'ess said...

Thank you Kweenie. I haven't always been one of the "quiet" people. I had to learn that it is quite okay to STFU sometimes. But I guess that comes with age too.

Thee_Kween said...

"Oh, what a wonderful world of peace we'd live in if only we thought before we moved to speak" ~Da Kween

The God'ess said...

Amen and now a number from the choir.

Afrodeezha said...

This is perfect for a sitch in my house RIGHT NOW!!! JUST STFU!! Damn!

BE Lauriette said...

CHURCH!!!