Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Open Letter To A Former Friend

To Whom It May Concern;

I've been thinking about writing this for awhile now but it just never seemed to be the right time.  I would either get bogged down with other things I was tending to or I just didn't feel like taking the time to do it.  But I do believe that the time is now and the place is here.

First, I want you to know that I now know who you truly are.  I know that even though you came across as a strong, intelligent adult, your character and actions say that you are neither one.  You're definitely a child trying to play dress-up.  Trying to get those around you to believe your hype. Hoping that the real you doesn't shine through because if it did, people would know that you were just a mere man standing behind the curtain operating some type of "magical" machinery, making promises that you had no intentions of keeping.

Next, I want you to know that this game that you're playing with different women's hearts will only backfire on you.  I hope you don't think that ALL of the females you came across would stay broken and crumbled by your actions, or lack thereof.  Chile please.  My background won't allow me to sit around for too long and wonder and wait and cry over someone that couldn't even be true to themselves, let alone me or the countless other women you tried to play.  I've been through worse things with better people so you couldn't break me if you tried.

Finally, and I want you to really pay attention to this, I forgive you.  I refuse to sit here and allow hate to fester in my heart.  I refuse to allow one negative thought to cross my mind and/or my heart where you're concerned because I know that I'm better than that.  I know that for some strange reason, you can't help but to do what you do.  It's like an illness and I pray that you get help for it soon before someone that's not as nice as I am comes and hurts you for what you've done.  I can't help but pity you and your state of mind right now.  I just hope the best for you and hope that one day, you'll realize your true worth and get your shit together.  But until then, I pray for your safety and your peace of mind because that's really what you need right now.

Sincerely yours,

A Former Friend.

2 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

Wow...that's powerful. Everything down to the forgiveness and the prayer.

When you do things to people...intentionally, especially...there is almost a sudden reaction that you receive. Unfortunately, some people can become so ensconced in their fuckery...they can't even see it for what it is.

God bless your former friend...sounds like they need it. Brava to YOU, for being the strong God'ess you are! Stay this beautiful :)

The God'ess said...

Thanks Kweenie. It was time to turn off the filter and just lay the cards on the table.