Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eulogy For A Friend

Most people on my fb friend list know that I am vehicularly-challenged (yes, I made it up) and I'm in desperate need of another vehicle.  The car I drive now is on its last leg...so much so that if I were to put a bullet in it, it would probably thank me in Japanese for putting it out of its misery.

My current car is a '96 Nissan Maxima with 1,000,000 miles on it.  Okay, it doesn't have that many but I can't tell you how many it does have because the odometer broke years ago.  The leather seats look like they have been through WWIII...and lost...and the carpet?  Please don't get me started on that.  But I loved that car with everything in me.   

I guess that I'm having a hard time letting her go.  Pearl (her name and her color) is like family.  She's been there through storms, hail, snow, sleet, football, baseball and basketball practices, took me to NC with a loaded trunk and back seat and hell, she lasted longer than my marriage did.  So it pains me to say goodbye to her even though I know she's tired.  She's told me she's tired.  She's left me stranded more than once. She's resorted to refusing to go outside of the city limits.  She's even cut off on me in the middle of the street while she was still in motion.  Rotten ass Japanese import Beautiful pearl white god'ess. 

So I guess it's time for me to look for a replacement for Pearl.  One that will allow me to go up and down the highways and byways of life without worrying when it will cut off on me.  So wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions (keep in mind, I'm broke and cheap), let me know.  

I thank you, and I'm sure Pearl does too. 


4 comments:

S.O.A.P. said...

Well damn, Pearl is obviously a BONAFIDE, TRUE DIVA, because if she's got all that going on internally, you couldn't tell from the outside... SHE LOOKS GREAT!!
Blessings up for you & the new vehicle situation!!

The God'ess said...

That's a stock photo of Pearl...but she looks just like that on the outside. I tried to upload my pic of Pearl but couldn't.

Thee_Kween said...

*placing an off white rose on Pearl's titties* What? If she can wear a bra, she's got titties! O_O

I hope you get a beautiful ride fit for a diva...you deserve it!

~waving at Pearl~

The God'ess said...

Thank you Kweenie. I'm sure she appreciates the sentiment. *cries uncontrollably like Weeping Wanda*